Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space name width

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CarrieHoffman02
288 Views, 4 Replies

Space name width

Is there a way to make the space tag family with an adjustable width. I have some space names that could work better as a 2 line and others that work best a 3 line and it all depends on the width and length of the space name. Some of these are really long. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dennis
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

Try this: select the Space Tag and then pick Edit Family.  Once in the Family Editor, select the label and you will see it inside of a rectangle that has two filled dots on each side.  Pull the dots out, or in, to adjust the width that word-wrapping will kick in.  May take a little experimenting to get what you want.  Otherwise, you may need to make a second Space tag for those stubborn names.

Message 3 of 5
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: dennis

I have done that but it changes all of them. I was hoping for a way to change them individually without making all of them separate families

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

I created two Types. I copied the label over itself, so there were two overlapping. I adjusted the margins of one of them and then created a couple of Type Parameters to control their visibility. I called one 'Thin Tag' and the other 'Wide Tag'.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Ok I will give that a try. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report