Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Lighting Loads

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
snlevitt
403 Views, 6 Replies

Space Lighting Loads

I am a student using Revit 2013 and I am trying to calculate the lighting loads for this project I have.  I have already enabled the calculated loads box in the electrical setting but for some reason about half of my spaces still will not calculate lighting loads.  For some reason about half my spaces recognize that there are lights and half of them do not.  I have check and made sure that the height of the space includes the lights themselves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: snlevitt

Have you tried using Room Calculation Points? Find one of the Lighting Fixtures that doesn't register and open that family for editing. Under Family Category and Parameters (The icon on the ribbon with the file folder image), you'll see a checkbox to activate this option. Upon closing that dialog, navigate to an elevation view and drag the calculation point so it is well below the fixture. Load it back into the Project and see if that helps.

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, snlevitt!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
snlevitt
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I do not believe that is the problem.  The same light fixture will work in one space and calculate the loads but in another space it does not work.  The same light fixture is used in both spaces but only one of the spaces calculates the lighting load, the other does not.

Message 4 of 7
snlevitt

I tried moving the room calculation point and it did not work.

I believe the problem is not with the light fixtures but with the spaces.  My lighting plan does not even show some of the spaces I have tagged in other views.  It is almost like the space does not exist in the lighting view.

Any ideas.

Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun

Would you be able to post a sample file? Basically, save a copy and delete everything except for one good room and one bad room, purge unused (you may have to delete any Duct/Pipe Fittings manually), and attached to a post here.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
snlevitt

I just can't get the file small enough to post.  If you want you can send me an email at snlevitt@ku.edu and I can email you the file.

Message 7 of 7
snlevitt

I fix the problem but thanks for all the help.  The issue was with the light fixture.  I changed somethings around and it ended up working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report