Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Calc workplane?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
asommer
376 Views, 7 Replies

Space Calc workplane?

I have an Exhaust air terminal that comes down in a corner and rests on the floor (please see attached).  I had to pull the bottom off the floor to get the space to recognize the flow value.  the floor is sloped, and so is the space.  my diff doesn't go beyond the floor, the diff is completely inside the space, here it is an inch above the bottom of the space.  Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: asommer

If you move it more into the Space, does it register? And if so, how much farther up into the Space must you move it?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
asommer

It is already completely in the space.  The floor slopes, therefore the space slopes, however I made sure no part of the diff is breaking the surface of the floor.  I have to raise it 1.5" to get it to register in the space Airflow values.

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun

I was curious if Revit wanted it to be above or at the highest point of the sloped Space's floor. As if it draws an invisible line as per the attached image. "You must be this tall to be included in the Space", or something like that.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
asommer

I'm 5'-6", but I look taller in section viewSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Chris.Aquino

What version or Revit MEP are you using?

For 2013, moving the Room Calculation Point to just the edge of edge the terminal should let you place the geometry on the floor and still have the flow register in the Space.

If you are using 2012, can you post a copy of your terminal so we can better test the condition?

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 7 of 8
asommer

2012, The floor exhaust inlet is Attached.  Thanks for taking a look.

Message 8 of 8
Chris.Aquino

It looks like the issue is due to the level which is hosting the terminal is not in the spaces element, so the terminal doesn't get associated with the space until you move it up into the space. One workaround we were able to find is to create a new level above the highest part of the floor, and host the terminals to that level. 

As I mentioned earlier, the Room Computation Point tool was added in 2013 for situations like this.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report