Revit MEP

Active Contributor
sforsberg215
Message 1 of 3 (648 Views)

Solid piping to Dashed piping filter

648 Views, 2 Replies
01-27-2012 06:50 AM

Hi

I have sanitary piping above the floor (ie parking garage) which must appear solid. When the pipe goes under the floor it needs to appear dashed.

I have been trying to set up a filter to do this which would cover all the underground piping systems I have, but have had no luck.

So, help me if you can, please?

Thanks

Valued Mentor
julianjameson8403
Message 2 of 3 (639 Views)

Re: Solid piping to Dashed piping filter

01-27-2012 09:00 AM in reply to: sforsberg215

Using the view ranges correctly can help with this easily. Set your Bottom Cut Plane to be FFL or SSL - whichever you require. Then set the view depth to be below the Bottom Cut Plane so all your below slab drainage will show up. You also need to set you linestyle "Beyond" to be dashed as it is set as solid by deafult (I think).

That will then show what you are looking for. However be aware that as you start to look further below the bottom cut plane to see the drawing you may also see building elements appear.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Contributor
NDYAutodesk
Message 3 of 3 (620 Views)

Re: Solid piping to Dashed piping filter

01-30-2012 02:33 PM in reply to: julianjameson8403

The other options is to create a parameter for Vertical position, we did this as we required to see:

• Below Floor
  • Low Level
  • High Level
  • Ceiling space

In one view, filters then to change linetype, can be laborious as the user needs to remember to fill in the parameter for each new pipe and pipe fitting. Would be nice to be able to filter by height but dioesn't appear to be readilt available, would like someone to prove me wrog on that one.

Mr. Fact

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube