Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sloping Waste problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
asommer
1135 Views, 8 Replies

Sloping Waste problem

Has anyone had as much trouble as we had routing SLOPING PIPING?  I have back-to-back bathroom groups.  The "Wye 45 Deg Double - PVC - Sch 40 - DWV" does not like us!  One of our guys spent 5 hours today trying to get one group to connect and slope properly.  Do you start upstream and work downstream?  I never had such a problem with this before.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: asommer

If the branch is connecting in the wrong direction (as in the screenshot), try using the Wye 45 Deg Reducing - PVC - Sch 40 - DWV.rfa family instead.

2010-11-11_1448.png

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 9
RKLindner

I feel your pain since I too have been fighting connections on waste/vent piping in 2011.  We have been using the family "Tee Reducing Sanitary - PVC - Sch 40 - DWV" and it has been ok for most instances, but I too have had the same issue you/your team have run into with the reversed fitting shown in the other response.  Sometimes, it was easier to reroute the piping than trying to get the fittings to work and thats just not right. Also, there needs to be a way to rotate a fitting by other increments than 90 deg.  Setting a section is just plain tedious

Man, feels a little better to vent! 

Richard

Message 4 of 9
asommer
in reply to: RKLindner

I had that issue where the fitting is reversed, I can get past that.

My issue is that I have a bathroom group that has branches for fixtures that are close together.  I place the "Wye 45d Double in the horizontal main.  then, I route a branch from the fitting upstream, do a 45d bend to the fixture (a floor drain, in this case, please see attached).  I go back and select the horizontal pipes to check the slopes, and it changes the slopes from 1/4"/ft to something goofy.

Also, if I bend too close to the fitting, it says "no auto route solution found".  There is plenty of room for the bend, this does not make sense.  So I go WAY PAST where I need to bend, do the bend, and try to move it back.  I have to draw a line from the floor drain to have something to align with.  When I move the branch back, I cannot snap to the line.  If I "ALIGN" the branch with the line, It changes the slope.

I try to draw lines to give something to snap to when routing the branch, my pipes won't snap to the line.

Message 5 of 9
Jrobker

There is no answer. This is just the way Revit works. Fun huh? I love spending 4 hours on something than just giving up, because Revit just wont do it.

If I absolutely have to and I mean absolutely have to slope pipe...I still wont do it.

Let the contractors do it. For MEP with ever changing backgrounds it's a waste of time.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 6 of 9
asommer
in reply to: Jrobker

Yeah, that's been the answer for quite a while.  I just love when I tell the boss "oh yeah, we can do that, Revit can do that", and then suddenly it won't, and I have to fake it and do it in cad.  It causes a great loss in faith until next year's release.

Message 7 of 9

I know I'm bumping an old thread but someone might be able to use it.

Message 8 of 9

Use what? You've not provided any additional information. Revit has improved sloped piping since this thread was started.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 9 of 9

Interesting, the forum didn't "accept" the autodesk screencast url below.

Please see the video link/address below:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/4aab4621-3994-4111-959a-c994f70f4686

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report