Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Phase Panel schedule shows as three phase

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
DMaurer-Veca
15032 Views, 33 Replies

Single Phase Panel schedule shows as three phase

Trying to create a single phase panel schedule for a residential project. Even thought I have selected the 'Single Phase Panel - 120V MCB' and the properties shows 1 for the number of phases, the panel schedule still shows three phases. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Diane M
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
eric_grey
in reply to: DMaurer-Veca

Hi Diane,

If you edit the panel schedule template and open the Set Template Options dialog, is the "Hide column for third phase" radio button selected?  If not, this could be the reason.

HideColumn.png

HTH,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 34
DMaurer-Veca
in reply to: eric_grey

I have the setting selected to 'hide column for third phase' to no affect. At this point, the panel schedule is useless. Any help is appreciated.

Diane M
Message 4 of 34

We are having a problem with the circuiting of electrical fixtures. We have a single phase DB and sockets.

A distribution system is set up and we can assign circuits to the DB however on the panel schedule the circuits are shown as using three circuits each? See below. Does anybody have a solution to this?

Also does anybody have any good step basic guides to the electrical design within revit?

Panel Schedule.jpg

Message 5 of 34
eric_grey

Diane,

Would you be able to attach a copy of the panel family?

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 6 of 34
DMaurer-Veca

I did get the panel to not show load on the 'C' phase. The column for 'C' phase is still visible, I prefer it to not show, but the load is 0.0 VA,. If you can tell me where I can find the panel template file I could send it Thank you.

Diane M
Message 7 of 34
eric_grey

Hi Diane,

I have been trying to reproduce your issue.  The only way I could do it was by adding a three phase panel to a project and creating a panel schedule for it.  Then I changed the panel's type to a single phase panel.  At this point the panel schedule needs to be refreshed to be formatted for single phase.

Could you try these steps?  Open the panel schedule and click the Change Template button.  Click OK in the Change Template dialog (don't select a different template).  The panel schedule will refresh and the column for "C" phase should be removed.

HTH,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 8 of 34
DMaurer-Veca

That did work. Thanks.

Diane M
Message 9 of 34
eric_grey
in reply to: andrew.elliott

Hi Andrew,

Can you use a switchboard as your panel in this case?  When creating circuits attached to a switchboard, the circuits are named in the way it sounds that you want.

SwitchboardPS.png

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 10 of 34
tuanvien

Eric,

Maybe I didn't do it right.  How do you change the panel's type to a single phase panel? Reselect different type of family? 

Really appreciate it.

Message 11 of 34
eric_grey
in reply to: tuanvien

Yes, you'll want to use a panel family that is set up to be single phase.  Typically the Number of Poles param on the electrical connector will be set to 1.  Then make sure the panel is assigned to a Distribution System that is set to single phase.

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 12 of 34
tuanvien

Finally it works.  Eric, Thank you so much for your help.

Message 13 of 34
casquatch

Eric,

We are having a similar issue with the switchboard templates and panelboards. Do we have the ability to adjust the amount of 3-pole circuits on a panel board? I know that in the template settings you have the ability to show rows for each 1-pole breaker, or show a fixed amount. In the case of a 3-pole breaker, you can't get the schedule trimmed down to just show the number of 3-pole breakers.

Am I missing something?

A work around we've been experimenting with is setting the template to be variable based on 1-pole breakers. Upping the breaker amount in the panel to get the amount of 1-pole breakers (x3 for the 3-poles). This allows for the 3-pole circuits to be added to the panel. Then after they have been added, go back to the panel and trim the 1-pole breaker parameter back down to the 3-pole breaker amount. The only problem with this is that it will disconnect circuits...

I can give some better examples if needed.

Really what we are looking for is a tight panel schedule with 3-pole circuits on it as 1 row. Right now we have to show a 12 circuit MDP schedule just for 4 3-pole circuits. Doesn't make sense.

Thanks,

Casey

Message 14 of 34
eric_grey
in reply to: casquatch

Casey,

Do you want a panel schedule similar to what I have attached?  If not, can you show an example?

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 15 of 34
casquatch

Something along those lines. Is it possible to have that schedule variable? Or would we want to create a new template for each size of panel?

Message 16 of 34
eric_grey

I think I see the issue you are running into.  My schedule was set to be variable and the Max #1 Pole Breakers on the panel was set to 4.  When I wanted to attach another 3 pole circuit, I had to change the Max #1 Pole Breakers to 15.  That parameter isn't working correctly with the switchboard template.  I'll make sure that a defect is logged for this.

Otherwise, you should be able to keep your schedules variable instead of using different templates for different sizes.   

Thanks,

Eric 

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 17 of 34
casquatch

Whew. I was afraid we were all crazy.

If that was somehow adjustable based on the poles selected in the panel, that would be nice. Otherwise just having the #1 pole breakers reflect the panel would work.

For now, we will just have to create a few templates with the correct number shown and adjust the #1 pole breakers x 3 of the actual 3# pole breakers we need on that panel? Correct?

Ex: Panel schedule limited to 4 rows shown would need to be set to 12 1# pole breakers, etc.

Thanks!

Casey

Message 18 of 34
eric_grey

Casey, your workaround is probably the best way to do it for now. We have had some issues with the switchboard format. Thanks for letting us know about this one.

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 19 of 34
casquatch

Eric,

We are also seeing some problems adding multi-pole spares. On a switchboard panel set to 240/120V 1-phase we are able to add a 2-pole spare, but we aren't able to add any more 2-pole spares to the same panel only more 1-pole. When we go to change the number of poles in the schedule it just jumps back to 1.

It doesn't seem to matter if there are sufficient 1# pole breakers or if there is enough room below the new spare.

Could this be another defect?

Thanks,
Casey
Message 20 of 34
eric_grey

Hi Casey,

It might be, but I'd like to be able to reproduce the issue.  Could you post a screenshot of the panel schedule so I can make sure I know what you're doing?  Also, what is the Max #1 Pole Breakers set to for the panel?

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report