Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing ductwork on 2nd level that extends to roof?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Shawn_SunsetAir
804 Views, 4 Replies

Showing ductwork on 2nd level that extends to roof?

Here's a quick question.  I have a large 2-story building with a sloped roof.  The roof level starts at the bottom of the roof.  

If I set the top of my view range to the roof level.... I cant see some of the ductwork that rises above the 2nd level near the peak of the roof (since it's now in the roof level).

If I set the top of my view above the roof so that I can see all of the ductwork.... .Then some of the lower roof, and rooftop equipment becomes visible. 

What I want is to have all of the 2nd level ductwork shown, including the ductwork that extends above it.... Without showing any of the rooftop equipment. 

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Shawn_SunsetAir

Well, you have two options that I can immediately think of.

#1. Since you cannot create a View Filter based on the Elements' Level, you can use the 'Comments' parameter as a means of manually designating which elements you wish to see. In your View, select all of the elements you want to see and add a value to the Comments field under Properties. Then create a View Filter that will hide the elements with that Value for Comments. Conversely, you can instead add a value to the elements you want to be hidden.

#2. Use Plan Regions in staggered sections. Note that these are notorious for not working well with MEP Duct and Pipe Fittings.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5

Unless I'm reading this wrong, I was going to suggest that you simply Hide in view all the things you don't want to see (rooftop equipment, roof, etc.). Set your view range to show all the duct and then hide away.

Rick

Message 4 of 5

@RickGraham wrote:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, I was going to suggest that you simply Hide in view all the things you don't want to see (rooftop equipment, roof, etc.). Set your view range to show all the duct and then hide away.

That's what I ended up doing.  I extended my view range to show all of the ductwork and hid the rooftop equipment.  I was just hoping that there was a more simple way.  I'm still learning Revit.  There may be a way that I haven't found yet such as putting all the rooftop equipment in one category and then hiding that category in my 2nd floor view.... That way if I add another piece of equipment, I won't have to remember to go and hide it everywhere.  

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: RickGraham

Hiding the elements in view works, but I try to avoid doing that because that doesn't carry over to Duplicated or Dependent Views. It's also easier to toggle them on and off with a View Filter, if need be.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report