Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing J box on lighting plans

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
SAicieng
739 Views, 1 Reply

Showing J box on lighting plans

Hi, I'm using Revit MEP 2013 and I want to show J-boxes that will connect with my exit signs, for both the normal and emergency circuits. Is there a way to show only the J-box on my lighting plans without having to show every element thats an electrical fixture? 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: SAicieng

Leave the Electrical Fixtures Category turned on and create a View Filter to turn off all elements except for the J-Boxes.

1. Go to Visibility/Graphics Overrides » Filters.
  2. Click "Edit/New..." at the bottom.
  3. Click 'New' (bottom left) and name it something like "J-Box Isolation".
  4. Under Categories, select "Electrical Fixtures".
  5. Set Filter Rules to: "Family Name"  "does not contain"  "J-BOX", (use characters the families have in common).
  6. Click 'OK'.
  7. Click 'Add' and select your Filter from the list. Hit 'OK'.
  8. Clear the Visibility checkbox. Click 'OK'.

This will turn off all Electrical Fixtures elements that do not have the specified characters in their Family Name.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report