Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Room Tags in a Floor Plan Underlay on a Reflected Ceiling Plan

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tim102289
4977 Views, 7 Replies

Show Room Tags in a Floor Plan Underlay on a Reflected Ceiling Plan

I have a Reflected Ceiling Plan view, where I was able to turn on an Underlay for the floor so that I could see the furniture layout and determine locations for things in the ceiling accordingly.  However, I cannot figure out how to turn on the room tags (name and number) in this underlay, or on the reflected ceiling plan.  I don't know if this is something that can be done, but if so, I would really appreciate it if someone knows how, as it would help in planning what goes in the room if I could see what the names and numbers.

Tim Smith
IT Manager, Mechanical Engineer  |  Motz Engineering

“There is nothing more expensive than hiring cheap engineers.”
Experienced in Revit MEP/AutoCAD/Sketchup | Autodesk BPA Certificate
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Sandleaz
in reply to: tim102289

There might be a few reasons for this including:

• No rooms were created in the particular phase.
  • No rooms were created at all.
  • Rooms were incorrectly bounded.  
  • You have no room tags created in the first place (shortcut: RT).
Message 3 of 8
tim102289
in reply to: Sandleaz

I'm pretty sure the rooms were created in the same phase, but even if they weren't, changing the view to show all, complete, previous, etc. doesn't make the room tags appear.  As for the last three bullets you posted, the rooms are created, bounded, and tagged, because I can view them in a floor plan view.  My problem is that when I turn on the floor plan as an underlay for the Reflected Ceiling Plan, the room tags do not show in the Underlay.  I wasn't sure if that is something that is possible to do, but I do not see why it wouldn't be.  I should be able to show them in the Underlay, or even just in the Reflected Ceiling Plan itself without the Underlay.

Tim Smith

Message 4 of 8
tim102289

Does anyone know of a solution for this?  It is even more important to me now, as I would like to also show tags for ducts in a reflected ceiling plan, but cannot find a way to do so.

Tim Smith

Message 5 of 8
abulla

Room and Space Tags are view specific, you'll have to re-tag them in your RCP view. I don't think annotation objects come through in an Underlay.

Message 6 of 8
FaridaAB

You have to make sure that the room constraints are offset past the height of the ceiling in your upper limit settings. First select the Room reference to see it's properties are. I for example have my rooms Constraints to Level First Floor and to an Upper Limit of my Ceiling Height with and Limit Offset of 300. In Dimensions I can see that the Area, Perimeter, Unbounded Height. Now I can proceed to the Architecture tab and Room & Area to Tag Room and drop down tab to Tag all not tagged. Or I can go to another plan view and select all room tags in view and paste them to my RCP plan view.

Message 7 of 8
tim102289
in reply to: FaridaAB

This issue was solved two years ago.  At the time I was new to annotation in Revit and was unaware that tags were view specific (must be placed in every view that you want them to appear).  I thought that since they were tagged in the floor plan, those same tags would show in the Underlay.  I simply needed to re-tag them in the RCP.

Tim Smith

Message 8 of 8
FaridaAB

No problem, just was doing the same search and the post came up in the top
two seemed unresolved wanted to help out someone later that would be doing
the same search in future!

*Farida Abu-Bakare*
*AAA Intern, MRAIC, LEED Green Associate*
+1 403 400 7954
farida.abubakare@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report