Revit MEP

Valued Contributor
tim102289
Message 1 of 5 (1,089 Views)
Accepted Solution

Show Room Tags in a Floor Plan Underlay on a Reflected Ceiling Plan

1089 Views, 4 Replies
02-25-2013 07:29 AM

I have a Reflected Ceiling Plan view, where I was able to turn on an Underlay for the floor so that I could see the furniture layout and determine locations for things in the ceiling accordingly.  However, I cannot figure out how to turn on the room tags (name and number) in this underlay, or on the reflected ceiling plan.  I don't know if this is something that can be done, but if so, I would really appreciate it if someone knows how, as it would help in planning what goes in the room if I could see what the names and numbers.

- Tim Smith
Motz Engineering

Revit MEP/AutoCAD/Sketchup
UC Architectural Engineering c/o 2016

"There is nothing more expensive than hiring cheap engineers." - Bob Sheeran, Xavier University 01/05/2005
Valued Contributor
Sandleaz
Message 2 of 5 (1,041 Views)

Re: Show Room Tags in a Floor Plan Underlay on a Reflected Ceiling Plan

02-25-2013 11:43 PM in reply to: tim102289

There might be a few reasons for this including:

• No rooms were created in the particular phase.
  • No rooms were created at all.
  • Rooms were incorrectly bounded.  
  • You have no room tags created in the first place (shortcut: RT).
Valued Contributor
tim102289
Message 3 of 5 (1,028 Views)

02-26-2013 03:06 AM in reply to: Sandleaz

I'm pretty sure the rooms were created in the same phase, but even if they weren't, changing the view to show all, complete, previous, etc. doesn't make the room tags appear.  As for the last three bullets you posted, the rooms are created, bounded, and tagged, because I can view them in a floor plan view.  My problem is that when I turn on the floor plan as an underlay for the Reflected Ceiling Plan, the room tags do not show in the Underlay.  I wasn't sure if that is something that is possible to do, but I do not see why it wouldn't be.  I should be able to show them in the Underlay, or even just in the Reflected Ceiling Plan itself without the Underlay.

- Tim Smith
Motz Engineering

"There is nothing more expensive than hiring cheap engineers." - Bob Sheeran, Xavier University 01/05/2005
Valued Contributor
tim102289
Message 4 of 5 (919 Views)

03-21-2013 09:31 AM in reply to: tim102289

Does anyone know of a solution for this?  It is even more important to me now, as I would like to also show tags for ducts in a reflected ceiling plan, but cannot find a way to do so.

- Tim Smith
Motz Engineering

*Expert Elite*
abulla
Message 5 of 5 (914 Views)

03-21-2013 09:43 AM in reply to: tim102289

Room and Space Tags are view specific, you'll have to re-tag them in your RCP view. I don't think annotation objects come through in an Underlay.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube