Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Error occurs when changing to lower #spaces for panelboard schedules

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
uabeng
525 Views, 9 Replies

Serious Error occurs when changing to lower #spaces for panelboard schedules

When I try to make a panelboard template with either family specified #single pole breaker spaces, or fixed value inside of the panelboard templates Revit craches.  Anyone had any experience with this?  here is a picture for reference:

PBSCHED.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: uabeng

Unfortunately, Revit's Panel Schedules have proven to be notoriously and sporadically unstable. Would you be able to post a sample of your Panel Schedule Template? To do so, start a new Revit Project with no Template selected. Open your Project file and from the blank Project, use Transfer Project Standards (under the Manage tab) to bring your Branch Panel Schedule Template into the blank Project. This blank Project will be small enough to post here.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
uabeng
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Message 4 of 10
uabeng

I've attached it.  It happens like clockwork with me.  Hopefully you can get it to bug out...

Message 5 of 10
CoreyDaun

It certainly did! It crashes whenever any number is inputted into that 'Fixed' field - even if I change it to "Variable based..." before hitting OK. Unfortunately, there is likely no other way around this than to start all over again. You can open a Support Case if you are on subscription, but I don't have much faith that even they can fix this...

I noticed that the default Panel Schedule in your attached Project was totally blank; did you use this one as a starting point point? I would suggest totally avoiding that "blank" template! Use the Panel Schedule Templates in the attached Project as a starting point instead. I would also strongly suggest occasionally duplicating your PS Template(s) as you work on them, so you have a backup in case something goes horribly wrong. Again.

Sorry I can't be of more help, here.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 10
uabeng

I'll give yours a shot.  Honestly, i created those PB schedules in Revit 2012 and have been using them since.  So I honestly can't tell you what i used as a go-by because its been so long.

I upgraded to Revit 2013 no problems and now Revit 2014 is giving me problems with this.  I've always been able to change around my PB spaces with no problems in the past. 

And yea, I don't see opening up a support case going anywhere.  This is the result when you have software engineers writing programs for building design engineers... Go figure.  I have about a 30 item list of what I wish Autodesk would do with revit...

Message 7 of 10
CoreyDaun

uabeng wrote:

"...I'll give yours a shot.  Honestly, i created those PB schedules in Revit 2012 and have been using them since.  So I honestly can't tell you what i used as a go-by because its been so long..."

Actually that's exactly what those are - 2012 Templates (Maybe 2011, I can't remember). In the newer versions, the default templates were all screwed up as yours is. I just transferred the old "correct" default templates from the old versions.

uabeng wrote:

"...I upgraded to Revit 2013 no problems and now Revit 2014 is giving me problems with this.  I've always been able to change around my PB spaces with no problems in the past..."

Do you still have them in a 2013 or older version? Try copying that file are upgrading it again - who knows, it might work this time! Maybe try Transfer Project Standards from both the upgraded and non-upgraded version of that Project file. 

uabeng wrote:

"...And yea, I don't see opening up a support case going anywhere.  This is the result when you have software engineers writing programs for building design engineers... Go figure.  I have about a 30 item list of what I wish Autodesk would do with revit..."

Yep, 100% agree with you. My list of items is at currently at about 260. Smiley Happy And always growing...

Message 8 of 10
eric_grey

I have logged a defect about this issue for the development team.  Thank you for making us aware of it.

Regards,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst
Message 9 of 10
sgwissem
in reply to: eric_grey

Did a solution for this ever come to light? I'm experiencing the same problem in Revit 15

Message 10 of 10
eric_grey
in reply to: sgwissem

Hello,

Yes, this crash was fixed Revit 2016.  

Regards,

Eric

Eric Grey
Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report