Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling of Duct Fitting & Accessory system parameters

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
julianjameson8403
1106 Views, 4 Replies

Scheduling of Duct Fitting & Accessory system parameters

Anyone know if there is any way to access the flow rates and pressure drops and schedule them out for Duct Fitings and Duct accessories? Although the parameters appear in the family editor and you can map parameters to these, they are not accessible in the project and the mapped parameters have no direct affect on the system values.

All I want to do is automate the information in the schedule rather than have manual input which could be different to the system value - which kind of defeats the object of automatic scheduling/system calculations/etc..

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dennis
in reply to: julianjameson8403

The fittings cause problems in that they don't often have FLOW as a value.  Would a Duct System Schedule work though?

An alternative, if you are needing it to be the fittings and accessories:  Whitefeet has a free download that will access un-accessible parameter data, may help ya get what you are after.

http://appliedsoftwareblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/accessing-non-assessible-parameter-data.html is a link where I blogged about it.  Or go directly to: http://www.whitefeet.com/

Message 3 of 5
julianjameson8403
in reply to: dennis

Thanks for the quick response Dennis.

It is annoying that you can't get to some of these parameters without additional tools. Unfortunately a duct system schedule won't work and I can't embed that type of schedule into a duct fitting/accessory schedule either. However that still wouldn't do the trick as I quite often need the values where the items are located in the systems and not the overall values.

I will look at Mario's tools and your blog and see what I can do to get the information I need for the manufacturer on this project.

Thank you!
Message 4 of 5

Will have to find time another day to work this out as up against it for issuing drawings and schedules.

The tools look like they might solve my issues later on and many other ideas I had for linking Revit to Excel, etc.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 5

After a little play with the Whitefeet tools and also a review of the family causing the problem, I managed to get some of the mapped parameters to work as required. Having reviewed the connectors and reset them to what they should be -  I guess the moral of the story is be wary of third party content especially assuming that colleagues always create things that work correctly.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report