Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules-General question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
169 Views, 5 Replies

Schedules-General question

Regarding the parameters and shared parameters used in schedules, are those values only use for scheduling purposes or do they play a part somewhere else within the model?

The reason I ask is because there seems to only be units for certain parameters and none for others. For example, if I set a parameter as Electrical / Current, the units will be set to Amps and in my schedule, "A" will show up as a units designation for those values. However, if I need to schedule a value for "lbs", there is no parameter type for weight. Or even for a percentage as another example.

We typically designate the units for our schedules in the column headings and don't put that designation on each individual value in the schedule. So therefore, if I set all of my parameter disciplines to "Common" and then set them to number or text, will I loose any functionality elsewhere in the model?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Anyone?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hello?
Message 4 of 6
KyleB_Autodesk

I'm not sure of the answer to this, but I'll try and get one for you on Monday.

Cheers,
Kyle B

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
Martin__Schmid

Yes.. you will lose functionality if you don't use the 'correct' units type. I.e., If you create a shared parameter for Load, and use Common/Number as the type, you won't be able to 'map' the parameter to the Load property on an electrical connector. However, as you found, if you use the Electrical/Power type, and schedule your components, you end up with a 'W' in your schedule.

If you want to 'hide' the 'W' suffix, you can modify the schedule's view properties, on the Formatting tab, select the property then click Field Format, uncheck 'Use project settings', then set the Unit Suffix to None.

HTH,
Martin Schmid, P.E.
Project Consultant

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you! That was very helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report