Revit MEP

Mentor
michaelmead
Message 1 of 6 (272 Views)
Accepted Solution

Schedule filter question?

272 Views, 5 Replies
02-08-2013 09:05 AM

Is there a way to create a schedule in revit of only selected items? There was a change directive in one of my projects and I want to only schedule the additions due to the change directive, but they consist of many categories and even levels. Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 6 (253 Views)

Re: Schedule filter question?

02-08-2013 01:47 PM in reply to: michaelmead

As long as there is some means of differentiating those elements, such as a Parameter value. You can use the Filter tab within the Schedule Views Properties to define the criteria by which elements are included/excluded.

If you wish to list elements from multiple Categories, you can do so by creating a Multi-Category Schedule. However, the available Fields to pick from are vastly more limited than Category-specific schedules.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Mentor
michaelmead
Message 3 of 6 (197 Views)

02-11-2013 07:10 AM in reply to: michaelmead

Yeah, but not just to be able to select the things you want, and schedule them? Its tedious to go back and try to modify everything so that it is different in some way.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 6 (194 Views)

02-11-2013 07:27 AM in reply to: michaelmead

There has to be an logical foundation to an "I want this" statement in order for Revit to obey, so having something like specific rooms in which all of the elements should be scheduled would be good. If the elements are scattered, you're best bet may be to place an "X" under the Comments field for those particular elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Mentor
michaelmead
Message 5 of 6 (181 Views)

02-11-2013 11:15 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Right, I understand that. I was just hoping that having things selected (highlighted) would be enough logic for revit to schedule them. Like if you highlight a bunch of random stuff, you can hit the delete button and it goes away. In my opinion there should be a schedule selected button (or option) 

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 6 of 6 (177 Views)

02-11-2013 11:36 AM in reply to: michaelmead

I get what you're talking about - I've wished I had such a thing so I could quickly estimate electrical loads among devices before committing to the arduous task of assigning them to circuits. Anyway, the closest you're going to come to that is what I mentioned previously: select the elements and add a value to the Comments Parameter to all of them at once, and then create a Schedule that Filters out anything that doesn't have "X" for Comments. That pretty much accomplishes the same thing.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube