Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
RickGraham
476 Views, 5 Replies

Schedule Question

Hi All,

I'll try to explain the situation and then ask if there is a better way of doing this.

In our office, we have several principals and engineers who, for some reason are pretty attached to their schedules; the look, layout, and fields. Rather than create separate schedule A,B,C for the same scheule type for each principals, I was wondring if there is a way to have one schedule and allow a yes/no system similar to families where one can turn on/off things. In this case fields.

I hope I explained that properly.Is there another workflow that I should perhaps explore? I use REvit MEP 2013 and 2014, FWIW.

Thanks!

Rick

Rick

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: RickGraham

If I understand correctly, what you are asking for isn't possible - a given Schedule can have only one Schedule Graphics. They would have to duplicate the Schedule (separate Schedules) and then customize the Fields from there.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
RickGraham
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks, let's throw out the graphics option. What about if peson A wanted their schedule to have:

ID  Manufacturer  Model  Capacity  Sensible, etc.

And if person B wanted their schedule to have:

ID  Model  Manufacturer Capacity Voltage, etc. (person B wants to see more fields and wants his order rearranged a bit)

Given those parameters, is it possible? I guess the bottom line is (and I think I already know the answer), can one schedule have yes/no parameters added that will turn on and off fields. The ultimate thing would be to have a pulldown (aka families), that says:

Person A

Person B

etc.

And when you select those,that person's  fileds will appear. I'm pretty sure it cannot be done, but would make for a nice addition for possible future versions down the road. Imagine the power of that! Well, I can. 🙂

Rick

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

As you suspected; nope - that's not possible. Are they really that much against having their own Schedules?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
RickGraham
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Like it or not, that's what they are going to get! 🙂
Rick

Message 6 of 6
bcaudill

Unless I'm missing something, why couldn't you create A, B amd C schedules identically (Duplicate them with ALL fields), then HIDE the fields in the ones that don't want some of the info? You can't rearrange them, but you certainly can have 3 different schedules of the same schedule but with different fields.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report