Valued Contributor
RickGraham
Message 1 of 6 (273 Views)
Accepted Solution

Schedule Question

273 Views, 5 Replies
12-20-2013 09:12 AM

Hi All,

I'll try to explain the situation and then ask if there is a better way of doing this.

In our office, we have several principals and engineers who, for some reason are pretty attached to their schedules; the look, layout, and fields. Rather than create separate schedule A,B,C for the same scheule type for each principals, I was wondring if there is a way to have one schedule and allow a yes/no system similar to families where one can turn on/off things. In this case fields.

I hope I explained that properly.Is there another workflow that I should perhaps explore? I use REvit MEP 2013 and 2014, FWIW.

Thanks!

Rick

Rick

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 6 (251 Views)

Re: Schedule Question

12-20-2013 12:32 PM in reply to: RickGraham

If I understand correctly, what you are asking for isn't possible - a given Schedule can have only one Schedule Graphics. They would have to duplicate the Schedule (separate Schedules) and then customize the Fields from there.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
RickGraham
Message 3 of 6 (246 Views)

12-20-2013 12:43 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Thanks, let's throw out the graphics option. What about if peson A wanted their schedule to have:

ID  Manufacturer  Model  Capacity  Sensible, etc.

And if person B wanted their schedule to have:

ID  Model  Manufacturer Capacity Voltage, etc. (person B wants to see more fields and wants his order rearranged a bit)

Given those parameters, is it possible? I guess the bottom line is (and I think I already know the answer), can one schedule have yes/no parameters added that will turn on and off fields. The ultimate thing would be to have a pulldown (aka families), that says:

Person A

Person B

etc.

And when you select those,that person's  fileds will appear. I'm pretty sure it cannot be done, but would make for a nice addition for possible future versions down the road. Imagine the power of that! Well, I can. :smileyhappy:

Rick

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 6 (238 Views)

12-20-2013 01:00 PM in reply to: RickGraham

As you suspected; nope - that's not possible. Are they really that much against having their own Schedules?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
RickGraham
Message 5 of 6 (234 Views)

12-20-2013 01:07 PM in reply to: CADastrophe
Like it or not, that's what they are going to get! :smileyhappy:
Rick

Distinguished Contributor
bcaudill
Message 6 of 6 (124 Views)

01-08-2014 07:59 AM in reply to: RickGraham

Unless I'm missing something, why couldn't you create A, B amd C schedules identically (Duplicate them with ALL fields), then HIDE the fields in the ones that don't want some of the info? You can't rearrange them, but you certainly can have 3 different schedules of the same schedule but with different fields.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube