Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale to come out on sheet title block

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
revitworkbench
3007 Views, 9 Replies

Scale to come out on sheet title block

Ok so this one has me stumped. So I want the scale to come out on the title block and I have a label with the scale category parameter selected, and I load a drawing onto the sheet, but the scale does not get recognized and copied in, any idea why?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

Has a View been inserted onto the Sheet? The Scale parameter pulls it's value from the View(s) that exist on the Sheet View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yes, it has a view, the view has a scale. But the sheet title wont read it thats the problem

Message 4 of 10
CoreyDaun

Can you attach your Title Block family?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 10
revitworkbench

I dont think it is the title block itself, I imported it into a plain MECH template and it worked just fine. I think its something wrong with my project somehow.

Message 6 of 10
CoreyDaun

Is it working properly on any of your other Sheet Views? By chance, is there a Drafting View or a Legend on your drawing?

Message 7 of 10

Yes, it does work on some sheets, but not on others. However, I dont have any drafting views or legends that I am aware  of.

Message 8 of 10
CoreyDaun

In the Project Browser, navigate to one of your sheets that isn't working properly. You can expand the list of attached Views to see exactly what's there.

ExpandedSheet.JPG

Message 9 of 10
revitworkbench

Yeah they are all just 3D views, but they are all locked in place.

Message 10 of 10
CoreyDaun

Alright - Revit ignores 3D Views for the purposes of retrieving a value for Drawing Scale.

If you need to display a scale there, I would suggest making a fake Legend View, add it to the Sheet, and then change it to a Viewport Type that does not display a View Title.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report