Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate a duct fitting other than 90 degrees

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
LyleHardin
3118 Views, 4 Replies

Rotate a duct fitting other than 90 degrees

I want to rotate a horizontal round duct wye 15 degrees. Can this be done? Obviously, picking on the rotation glyphs only rotates them 90 degrees.

I'll probably want to do the same with elbows and tees one day. Any tricks for this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: LyleHardin

Sorry, can you elaborate a little more? Do you mean that you wish to increase the angle of the wye by 15 degrees?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
LyleHardin
in reply to: CoreyDaun

No.

If the air flow is the X axis, then I want to rotate the whole Wye (or Tee or Elbow) some angle other than 90 about the X axis.

The glyphs that appear next to the part only allow 90 degree rotations. I can understand this with rectangular ductwork, but I would think we should be able to rotate round duct work any amount.

Lyle

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: LyleHardin

Those glyphs are generic flip/rotate controls and they behave the same for all Families. You should be able to use the Rotate command; open/create a Section View that is perpendicular to the X axis, set the Visual Style to Wireframe*, select the Fitting, activate the Rotate command, click "Place" next to 'Center of Rotation' on the Options Bar and snap to the center of the Duct OR click and drag the rotation base point to the center of the Duct, and then enter a rotation angle.

*Setting the Visual Style to Wireframe will make it easier to snap to the center of the Duct.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
LyleHardin
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Great Corey! That did it. Thanks!

The Rotate command... who'd-a-thunk it ??

Sometimes the obvious solutions are overlooked.

I had the same issues with my section cuts once. I thought I couldn't cut a section looking down at the floor. I finally figured out I could just rotate the section cut. Duh. I should've figured this one out too.

I just don't use Revit very often. Seems like I have to figure it out every time I use it.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report