Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof Plan showing on MEP model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Niamhy14
731 Views, 3 Replies

Roof Plan showing on MEP model

Hello,
I am relativly new at Revit MEP and I am having a bit of trouble so bare with me.

I need to show the roof plan on a plumbing model I am working on, but I am unsure how to set up a view or "get" the roof plan from the model in order to do my drainage piping. The model I am working is a linked model between Structural, Architectural, Mechanical and Plumbing.

I would ask someone in my office but the head CAD/Revit guys are gone on vacation, so I thought this would be the next best thing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asommer
in reply to: Niamhy14

View tab, Plan Views - Floor Plan.  It will ask you to select a level.  you will need to have a "Level" at the roof level.

Message 3 of 4
Sandleaz
in reply to: asommer

I would ask someone in my office but the head CAD/Revit guys are gone on vacation, so I thought this would be the next best thing.

That underlined portion is wrong.  The best thing is to figure it out yourself.  The more you do that (figuring it out by yourself), the less times you'll ask your "head CAD/Revit guys", the less you're reliant on them, the more you'll learn (not by having someone do something for you), etc...  You wouldn't believe the amount of bad advice our REVIT geniuses give out here (I stopped asking a long time ago), your "head CAD/Revit guys" might not be different.   

Message 4 of 4
Negaquark
in reply to: Sandleaz

@Sandleaz wrote:

That underlined portion is wrong.  The best thing is to figure it out yourself.  The more you do that (figuring it out by yourself), the less times you'll ask your "head CAD/Revit guys", the less you're reliant on them, the more you'll learn (not by having someone do something for you), etc...  You wouldn't believe the amount of bad advice our REVIT geniuses give out here (I stopped asking a long time ago), your "head CAD/Revit guys" might not be different.   

I totally agree.

I was moved to an other office to work with the Revit "experts" in my company.

The idea was, if I was stumped, I could walk right up to them and ask them.

So many times, I have asked them for help, & the couldn't give me the solution.

Funny thing is, most of the time I would figure it out on my "off" time, then show them how to do it. 

Things the "experts" couldn't figure out:

Variable length luminaires (see my other posts).

Wall mounted light fixtures not showing symbols (light fixture need "Maintain Annotation Orientation" parameter) .

How to move the Project base point to match the linked file (I never want to do that again).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report