Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon buttons are missing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dbolton1
1994 Views, 4 Replies

Ribbon buttons are missing

Hi There

I have an issue where some ribbon buttons are missing on Revit 2013.

I am aware of the .Net 45 issue when installing Revit 2014 and I have already taken all the precautions and updated my 2013 version after installing 2014. 2013 has been working great up to now.

My situation is wierd because the buttons are missing on one project but they are there on another project (using the same computer)

In MEP, I am trying to draw pipes and as soon as I invoke the pipe command, I am supposed to see the "Inherit Elevation" and the "Inherit Size" buttons. These are the two buttons that are missing. I have tried numerous ways of drawing pipes using numerous pipe types and also in numerous views, but to no avail. If I open a new project and invoke the pipe command (on the same computer using the same Revit 2013), the buttons are there???

I have attached some screen shots.

I would really appreciate it if someone could advise me on this.

Kind regards,

Desmond

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ASCunningham
in reply to: dbolton1

Have you downloaded and installed service pack 3? I haven't noticed problems after applying the service pack.

Message 3 of 5
dbolton1

Hi

Thanks for the response. I have installed Update 3 for 2013 and it doesn't help.

It's definately in the project, I have tried to open the same project on another PC that I know works fine and that doesn't have 2014 installed and the buttons are still missing???

Rgds

Des

Message 4 of 5
iainsavage

I've just started using Revit 2015 and was having a similar problem, however I think I've worked out what the problem is - after placing diffusers in the ceiling plan view I then started drawing ductwork in that view and the inherit size and inherit elevation buttons are missing. Changing the working view back to the floor plan brings those buttons back.

Message 5 of 5
Tomas.Kuco

I do not know if this is the solution for your problem, but today I figured out the inherit buttons do not show in Ceiling Views, Sections and Elevations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report