Revit MEP

markgoldstein
Message 1 of 3 (420 Views)

Revit vs. AutoCAD Electrical

420 Views, 2 Replies
07-06-2012 02:27 PM

Are there any add on packages for Revit that will give it the same functionallity as Revit?  If there are is there a way to save or export the finalized design to AutoCAD Electrical to retain all of the functionallity in AutoCAD Electrical?

Thanks,

Mark Goldstien

markgoldstein
Message 2 of 3 (418 Views)

Re: Revit vs. AutoCAD Electrical

07-06-2012 02:29 PM in reply to: markgoldstein

I meant are there any add ons that will give Revit the same functionallity as AutoCAD Electrical?

stevecoburn
Message 3 of 3 (284 Views)

Re: Revit vs. AutoCAD Electrical

12-26-2012 12:15 PM in reply to: markgoldstein
I'm not sure if you have gotten your answer on this or not, but the new versions of Revit - 2012 and 2013, have come a long way since it's conception. I will have to be honest about it though, it has not progressed in the MEP fields as it has in the Arch and Struct fields. It is getting there and it has come a long way. I do believe that it will come to the point where it will be able to produce data like an electrical engineer would like, but you have to realize that in these fields it would need to be specific for say any region. You know as well as I that there are specific codes or regional even global considerations to take into account that would take a lot of manipulation of the program to fit everyone's needs, so I believe that it will remain as generic as it possibly can and let the third party programmers set up the add-ons needed for specific parties. I hate to compare it to AutoCAD Electrical given that I don't know or understand the program that well, but Revit has it pros and cons when dealing with Electrical. Hope that helps as it is quite a late response.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube