Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit vs. AutoCAD Electrical

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1511 Views, 2 Replies

Revit vs. AutoCAD Electrical

Are there any add on packages for Revit that will give it the same functionallity as Revit?  If there are is there a way to save or export the finalized design to AutoCAD Electrical to retain all of the functionallity in AutoCAD Electrical?

Thanks,

Mark Goldstien

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I meant are there any add ons that will give Revit the same functionallity as AutoCAD Electrical?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure if you have gotten your answer on this or not, but the new versions of Revit - 2012 and 2013, have come a long way since it's conception. I will have to be honest about it though, it has not progressed in the MEP fields as it has in the Arch and Struct fields. It is getting there and it has come a long way. I do believe that it will come to the point where it will be able to produce data like an electrical engineer would like, but you have to realize that in these fields it would need to be specific for say any region. You know as well as I that there are specific codes or regional even global considerations to take into account that would take a lot of manipulation of the program to fit everyone's needs, so I believe that it will remain as generic as it possibly can and let the third party programmers set up the add-ons needed for specific parties. I hate to compare it to AutoCAD Electrical given that I don't know or understand the program that well, but Revit has it pros and cons when dealing with Electrical. Hope that helps as it is quite a late response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report