Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit systems in production

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jim.overholtzer
189 Views, 3 Replies

Revit systems in production

Several architects our firm works with are beginning to use Revit Building. To date they have been exporting .dwg files for us to use as backgrounds.

We are looking into Revit Systems 2. From reading the discussions on this board, I get the impression that this product is still not quite complete in its content for MEP work.

I would like to hear from anyone who has put Revit Systems into their production environment and could give me some comments on it's usability. Is the Software ready for production in the "Real" world?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Overholtzer
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rafterman
in reply to: jim.overholtzer

Our company has used revit systems on projects since it has been out. If you would like to talk privetly please email me at rkulczyn@robsonwoese.com.

-Raf
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

My company is just beginning its first project in Revit Systems. I'd say the capabilities of Revit are ready for production but it is lacking a lot of content. You'll find that you have to create a lot of objects to fit your needs. For example, there are no round manual volume dampers, only rectangular. Hopefully version 3 will contain a larger library of objects.
Message 4 of 4
jcoelho

If you can wait a little longer, I'd recommend you wait for the next release tentattively scheduled for March or April, 2007. There is currently very limited content in version 2.0 so you will end up spending a lot of time creating custom content.
Additionally, since the product is so new, there are limited support resources available at Autodesk, as well as the dealer network.
My firm is presently in the middle of implementing this product for the first time on an active project and it's been tough so far. The product works but I think it needs a little more seasoning before it's a completely viable product for consultants to use.

Hope this helps!
John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report