Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit -> Fabrication Drawings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jwrampe
1371 Views, 4 Replies

Revit -> Fabrication Drawings

Can anyone comment on Revit's capabilities for exporting to a file format for generating piping isometrics?  Typical export would be a PCF file.

I have seen nothing like this for the Revit platform, but I haven't used the program much.  My company is evaluating as a process piping tool.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
embolisim
in reply to: jwrampe

The short answer is no.

What information are you trying to obtain from revit? & whay do you weant to do with it in the other software?

A true 3D isometric view can be fairly easily achieved inside revit, infact you can annotate it without the need to export it to another software. The problem is that you get exactly what was moddled, which is sometimes too much detail, even in single line view.

What software do you read the PCF file with, there may be an intermediate format that you can export to & import from.

Message 3 of 5
jwrampe
in reply to: embolisim

Apologies...I should have been more clear.  🙂  The PCF stands for "piping component file" which is typically a platform agnostic file that can be imported into Isogen for fabrication drawings.  An isometric view is nice, but not quite the same.

I work in the industrial piping (plant) industry, where contractors use Isogen to create fabrication drawings that document every inch of a pipeline (designated by line numbers, which I think you've commented on before, ebolisim).  Many times these piping contractors use CAD programs to do their detailing:  AutoPlant, SmartPlant, PDS, Plant3D, CadWorx, etc.

We are evaluating whether Revit fits our business model or will effectively preclude us from heavy modeling work in this industry.

You've confirmed what I understood about Revit MEP.  Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jwrampe

sorry, I'd like to generate a pcf file from Revit (for Dalton). But by the Dalton's plugin I can  export only a csv format, may you advice me a right way in order to obtain a pcf or json file?

thanks

Message 5 of 5
jacquespcharlebois
in reply to: Anonymous

I've been trying to do so for over a month without success. If anyone got the solution REAL and TESTED,please post

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report