Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit could not find a matching Pipe Segment in Default pipe type

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tim102289
9535 Views, 3 Replies

Revit could not find a matching Pipe Segment in Default pipe type

Every time I try to start a pipe by clicking the connector on an air handler, I get the message:

"Revit could not find a matching Pipe Segment in Default pipe type. Please check the Default pipe type's routing preferences."

The connectors have a radius set to 1" so the pipe should come out 2".  When I click the connector however it always goes to 2 1/2" so I manually have to change it to 2".  And then once I click to place the segment of pipe, I get the message.  I've checked Segments and Sizes in the Routing Preferences and there is a 2" and 2 1/2" size both listed.  Any idea why I'm getting this error?

Tim Smith
IT Manager, Mechanical Engineer  |  Motz Engineering

“There is nothing more expensive than hiring cheap engineers.”
Experienced in Revit MEP/AutoCAD/Sketchup | Autodesk BPA Certificate
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tim102289

Under Mechanical Settings » Pipe Settings » Segments and Sizes, make sure that you're looking at the sizes for the proper Pipe Segment type - make sure the value of the "Segment:" pull-down matches listed under the desired Pipe Type's Routing Preferences. Each type of Segments has it's own Size Catalog.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
gpezeshk
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I'm trying to draw a pipe from a storage tank amd I get the same error.I don't understand where to find the routing preferences and what is the proper pipe segment type.

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
fabiosato
in reply to: gpezeshk

Hello,

In the pipe segment window, in MEP settings, Mechanical settings, you have diameter tables detailing the available nominal diameters that could be used for routing purposes.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report