Revit MEP

Active Contributor
rreid
Message 1 of 5 (693 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revit Server 2013 how to move model storage location

693 Views, 4 Replies
05-23-2012 08:01 AM

We have installed Revit Server 2013 and used a remote network storage location.  I now have to move that location.  How do you change the storage location pointers in Revit Server 2013?  There are not currently any models in Server.  So all i have to do is move the storage.

Product Support
Lance.Coffey
Message 2 of 5 (679 Views)

Re: Revit Server 2013 how to move model storage location

05-25-2012 09:57 AM in reply to: rreid

The option to specify the project folder location is available when installing Revit Server. I have not found an option to change this location other than uninstalling, and then reinstalling Revit Server.

Lance Coffey
Active Contributor
rreid
Message 3 of 5 (675 Views)

05-25-2012 10:00 AM in reply to: Lance.Coffey

That is what i ended up doing.  Would be nice to have the ability to relocate this in the future.  I guess that i need to put this on a wishlist.

KyleDavis
Message 4 of 5 (403 Views)

03-06-2013 11:29 AM in reply to: rreid

Has been been any changes to this? Do you still have to uninstall/reinstall Revit Server? What if there are projects in this location that need to be in a different location?

Product Support
Lance.Coffey
Message 5 of 5 (395 Views)

03-06-2013 04:25 PM in reply to: KyleDavis

I haven't seen any changes to this behavior.

When you say that a project may need to be in a different location, if you mean a different physical location (like a different site), you can transfer projects between Host servers using Revit Server Administrator.

Lance Coffey

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube