Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Sections suggestions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
johnc1977
316 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Sections suggestions

Will there be an update, not next version, but an update to be able to place sections into a model more efficiently? I have not checked it out yet in Revit 2015, but in 2014 you can draw the section in from left to right of a wall right? Ok, the problem with that is that sometimes the 'Far Clip Offset' gets shot out into space and you have to zoom out to bring back that grip point to where you want it to be, or through the properties tab. That's fine and it works, but here is my suggestion.

Select first point (left point), select second point (right point), then have the ability to execute the far clip offset (third point) all within the initial command. This gives the user more flexibility in placing sections, but also gives the user more control of the far clip offset during the initial command.

Please, please, please tell me this is new in revit 2015, if not can you make it an update to 2014 and 2015?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: johnc1977

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

That's a pretty good thought, and I'll add to it. This should be a checkbox option for the third point on the Options Bar, "Specify Far Clipping", just like "Multiple" for Copy. That way, it won't force users to use that third click if they don't want to. I would suggest using the link below, which is frequently provided by Autodesk personnel, to provide feedback about this and other issues that concern you.

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
johnc1977
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks CADastrophe. I like your idea as well! I will definitely post in the
link you sent. Hopefully this can be an update and not a new feature in
Revit 16 lol!

--
Sent from John Coronado, through Gmails servers, to your inbox.
Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: johnc1977

Unfortunately with Revit, change comes slowly, if at all. In the interim, after you create the Section View and it's still selected, under Properties you can manually change the "Far Clipping Offset" to 10' or whatever so it's at least on the screen.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Jrobker
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Revit will create the far clip offset based off of the extents of a linked file. This generally is why the offset will fly off into space. If a linked file has a boneyard and the elements cannot be seen because of a crop region or the element categories are turned off, Revit will ignore it and still go to the extents.

It also is based off of where you are zoomed in and the length of the section.

And like CADastrophe said, just use your properties instead of zooming out.

2015 is no different...

See links for visual explanation.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report