Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Pipe Sizing By Specific Values

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gurselgunacar
1337 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Pipe Sizing By Specific Values

Hello,

I was wondering, is there any way to size pipes automaticly by specific values. I know there is a pipe/duct sizing method. What i want is size fire protection system by sprinkler counts.

For example;

1-4 sprinkler = 1/2" etc

Thanks for your helps.

https://www.bilgitara.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: gurselgunacar

I don't believe that this is currently possible.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I am not sure what codes you're required to follow in your area of building design, but if it's NFPA 13 and a wet pipe system, you can use the tables in the code to rough size your piping system prior to running hydraulic calculations.  Then again, it will be mostly a waste of time and energy since all projects using NFPA 13 shall be hydraullically sized and the easiest way to do that, even for Revit, is to use an external program such as Tyco's SprinkCad which is reported to have a linking ability to Revit (have not personally used this feature).  It can autosize a system and then you can adjust the hydraulics (pipe sizes) to get the best cost effective layout possible.

BTW, the minimum pipe size per NFPA 13 is 1".

Message 4 of 7
gurselgunacar
in reply to: Anonymous

i solved this problem with scheudle. Added pipes and sort by flow. Then change sizes with diameter. Thc for your helps.

https://www.bilgitara.com
Message 5 of 7
abdelraouf

Dear gurselgunacar,

I now face the same issue for resize pipe diameter of fire protection system depends on pipe schedule method, but duct/pipe sizing method which found in revit don't support any fire protection pipe system.

It just support with either Hydraunic supply pipe systems or Domestic cold/hot water pipe system.

So, I tried to make a plug-in to resize a fire protection system pipe I'm now working on it but it's difficult.

Raouf_Belal
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7

Hello,

I am having an issue with changing the cost of pipes. If I enter the cost for 15 mm pipe, same applies to 20 mm pipe as well, as it is from the same pipe family. Does anyone know how this could be solved in schedules? (Through Sorting/ Grouping?) 

Message 7 of 7
iainsavage
in reply to: 100081173

You should post this as a new topic, not append it to this old post on a different topic.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report