Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Pipe Accessory

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
WheelerCJ
1621 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Pipe Accessory

Hello,

I'm trying to use the default isolating valve called 'Plug Valve - 15-50mm' from the default path - PIPES>VALVES>ISLOATING VALVES.

I have 3 pipe sizes (40, 32 & 20mm) and I assumed that my clicking on this then on my pipe it would just insert this on my pipe. It does, but if I leave it at the defualt 15mm size it adds reducers on each end. Am I expecting too much or should it not just click and size up according to the pipe its being placed on? At the minute I have 3 pipe sizes but I'm going to have more and I don't really want to have to create a type for each pipe size in the family.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

The Family is designed in a way so that the valve size is controlled by Type, which depends on manual control on the user's part. It is possible to redesign the Family so that it works "by instance" so it resizes according to the size of the Pipe it is connected to, but it would entail essentially rebuilding the Family. If you open the Family for editing, you'll see that all of the Parameters are Type Parameters, and converting this would require pretty much all of these to be changed to Instance Parameters and would also require the creation/implementation of a Lookup Table to establish these values according to the connected Pipe Size.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
randyir1
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Has anyone setup a project using Revit MEP for a Power Project?

I need to understand how to do this. From what I read the Family would be Pipe, it was the only one that was reasonable.

After reading your post I realize that I'm confused about how to get started with System codes and pipe sizes, material, etc. the regular spec info that would normally be in the project setup.

I need to setup piping systems like FWA for feedwater, etc. under Type.

I will also need to get isometrics pulled.

Can you point me in the right direction thanks.

I need help,

Thanks Linda

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: randyir1

Hello Linda, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

randyir1 wrote:

"I need to understand how to do this. From what I read the Family would be Pipe, it was the only one that was reasonable..."

What are you aiming to accomplish - are you trying to use Pipe to simulate Conduit on a power plan?

randyir1 wrote:

"...After reading your post I realize that I'm confused about how to get started with System codes and pipe sizes, material, etc. the regular spec info that would normally be in the project setup..."

Start with the default Families that come with Revit, most everything is already set up for use. I'm not certain what you mean, exactly...

randyir1 wrote:

"...I need to setup piping systems like FWA for feedwater, etc. under Type.

I will also need to get isometrics pulled."

Regarding the Pipe Systems: new Systems can be create by duplicating the ones that are already there. You can find them in the Project Browser under Families » Piping Systems. Pipe Systems also define the Material to assigned to Pipes of that System as well as other things such as System Graphics Overrides.

Regarding the  isometrics: search this board (Revit MEP) for terms like "isometric" and you should find a multitude of posts full of advice and information.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report