Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEPT and CD's

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
300 Views, 7 Replies

Revit MEPT and CD's

has anyone done any CD's with Revit MEP yet?
this seems like a urban legend I cannot find anyone in my area who has done CD's!!!!

all I get from Architects is that they have used it for SD and DD but have not gone to CD's yet!

anyone please help!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
msdynamix
in reply to: Anonymous

We are in the process of our first two Revit MEP projects in the CD phase, one at 95% going out at the end of this month and the other in the middle of November. The first building is half as big as the second. I am not going to lie to you, I am not really sure if the software is there yet for complete CD's. It takes a lot of up front work/time to get everything set and organized the way that you want, and that is time that we just don't have right now. I personally have been doing some work-a-rounds to get the information that I need on the sheets.

What kind of help are you looking for? Just post your question. There are a lot more people here that are further along than I am in this process and in the software.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

thenk you msdynamix

I took revit training about a month ago and found the basic sheet KEYNOTES are a stuggle for Revit in any form.

I think your reply is what I am looking for I think we can agree that Revit is a great MODELLING program but not yet really there for CD's as we are used to compiling.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

maybe you could post a sample CD sheet showing the level you are expecting?
you may get more specific feedback to help clear things up for you.

--
Brian Earsley
www.arete3.com
18645 West Creek Drive
Tinley Park, Il 60477
708.342.1250 x.225
wrote in message news:5746164@discussion.autodesk.com...
thenk you msdynamix

I took revit training about a month ago and found the basic sheet KEYNOTES
are a stuggle for Revit in any form.

I think your reply is what I am looking for I think we can agree that Revit
is a great MODELLING program but not yet really there for CD's as we are
used to compiling.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I have attached a PDF of a Central Plant floor plan I did in Autocad MEP. this is what I am looking for out of Revit MEP. I have heard it cannot do heavy waterside design but any HVAC CD's I would like to see.

as I said before CD's with Revit are an urban legend and when one inquires to Autodesk its likes speaking blasphemy.
Message 6 of 8
msdynamix

The keynotes are an issue, where you have PMET working in the same MODELL, it just does not work. For right now until we have the time to look into it and fix it, we are all using the same note: 1,2,3,... and creating different drafting views for each sheet/area to put our coded notes on and then placing them onto their corresponding sheets. Its a few extra steps, but needs to be done to look presentable for CD. We looked into using the keynote feature and using P1, M1, E1,... and have all of the notes in the text file, but when you get into double digits they stick out of the coded note box and the poor tech guy has to scroll down everyones notes to get to his.

Matt
Message 7 of 8
JacobJBB

I don't understand why architects using Revit Architectural don't have trouble issuing CDs. Shouldn't it be the same thing? This is also a crucial issue with my project as we are approaching CD phase.
Message 8 of 8
Scott_Womack

As an Architect, we have worked through the issues of doing CD's. It takes a couple of projects for each firm to work through their own set of idosyncracies with regards to CD's.

We use the Keynote bocks, with a family named for each set of "keynotes" we want. Each family hase one "type" with the note in that keynote type. We then use the View\New\Note Block, and filter it to one keynote family. This will gather that set of notes together into a schedule for us. What they point to is not tied in, and it regens faster.

Architecturally, we do ot have the issue with "systems" and recalculation.

We are currently telling engineering companies that do not want to use Revit, to cut their fees, since it takes longer to deal with Autocad for coordination, that it does for a us getting a Revit Model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report