Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Mike.Baldwin
3494 Views, 10 Replies

Revit MEP

Here is the deal, I am new to Revit and looking for almost a step by step PDF or book on how to start working with the program. I have 2012 but from what I have read 2011 or even 2010 would do. A tutorial of this program would be great. I have the Mastering Autodesk Revit book but its almost more in depth than what I am looking for like I have said I havnt ever used this program. Let me know if you guys know where I could find something like this that would be great.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: Mike.Baldwin

you can look at these books: http://ascented.com/courseware-solutions/autodesk/courseware/revit-mep.aspx

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
sparkie001
Message 4 of 11
embolisim
in reply to: sparkie001

The best way to start is the built in tutorials.

Some people seem to have trouble getting the data sets downloaded (we have an IT dude for that) but once you start working through them they are a good way to get started.

Message 5 of 11
jboone
in reply to: embolisim

I have a 44 page doc which I started to create when I was learning.  I am told it is very good for learning the basics.

Are you wanting electrical or mechanical?

Message 6 of 11
Mike.Baldwin
in reply to: jboone

I am in the mechanica field we do Plumbing, HVAC, & F/S. But once I learn the program I know I will be asked when the Electrical guys start doing it how to use the program. If you could send me the document that would be great just lookign for something to start off with.

Thanks

--Mike

Message 7 of 11
Westmech
in reply to: jboone

How do I go about getting a copy of your document. I'm with an air conditioning company and we've just starting out with RMEP2012 and I have no idea what I'm doing. All I know is I am spending alot of time searching for info and coming up empty handed.

Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gav

Message 8 of 11
jaboone

The book is now at 80 pages and is concise work of everthing I learned from day 1.  I wanted to record everything so I woulnd't loose all my research.

I wouldn't mind getting $10 donation for the work.  If you have trouble please email me at forum(at)powersofteng(dot)com.

It should redirect.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=WR57KXLKMQRVA

Attached is a sample.

Learning as I go
Message 9 of 11
aosaito
in reply to: jaboone

Hi Jaboone, I'm looking at getting your guide, but the sample you attached appears to be geared more towards the electrical side. Do you have a similar guide for mechanical (HVAC, Plumbing)?  thanks for your help,

Message 10 of 11
jaboone

No sorry I don't but the principles of revit are there.  I think if you could master the things I have pointed out here you could have a good understanding of revit.  I have asked our mech dept if they would post some sections and will update you if they ever do.  That book grows all the time.  Thanks a lot.

The family editing in electrical is REALLY tricky, and if you can get those down, because of the 2 levels of families, anything is possible.

Learning as I go
Message 11 of 11
OSOTODD

I paid for your REVIT  a Step By Step Guide on PayPal.  How can I get it.  Looks great.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report