Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP vs Structural vs Architecture question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jroper
960 Views, 1 Reply

Revit MEP vs Structural vs Architecture question

I noticed that Building Design Suite Premium/Ultimate has just Revit.  Which I take to mean you can make it any “flavor” of Revit by utilitzing Arch, Struct, or MEP families.   Revit is just Revit.

However, in the Plant and Infrastructure Suites, you still have Revit Structure specifically.  Could a user of Revit Structure also use MEP families, and thus have “Revit MEP”?  If our company needed Revit MEP do we need Building Design Suite Premium or higher?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Jroper

I can't give you the specifics but your use of the MEP facilities in Revit will be limited, just as MEP is regarding other disciplines. For instance, in MEP, we cannot place Structural families or elements. There is probably some specific information online somewhere that compares the flavors of Revit, feature to feature.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report