Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP runs very slow

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
danehchristensen
1869 Views, 2 Replies

Revit MEP runs very slow

I have been working on a fire sprinkler model in MEP. My file size is only 16MB, but for some reason, it is running extremely slow. My computer is built for BIM softwares, I use Revit Arch all the time with no problems. I have purged the file, which did not help out at all. I have 2 linked files in and a few CAD sheets, but thats all thats in the file (other than my pipes) Does anyone ever have this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dennis
in reply to: danehchristensen

Try this iif 2012, go into the Pipe System definition for your Sprinkler System and turn off calculations. 

Try making (mini)systems via the CreateSystem tool.  THe more you move out of the Default to named systems, you may find the performance increase.  Use the System Browser to see what has been moved from Default to named.

Are you on 64-bit OS?  If not, then make the switch.

Message 3 of 3
mrimmer
in reply to: danehchristensen

I had a similar problem on one project. Revit was very slow after I turned on the system brower and was almost unusable. I had to close system browser, save project and close Revit MEP 2012. After next start of Revit MEP everything worked well until the next opening of system browser Smiley Frustrated .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report