Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP question (Low Voltage Systems)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jdiaz
1509 Views, 1 Reply

Revit MEP question (Low Voltage Systems)

Hi there:

Does anyone has a good info about Revit MEP System? I'm talking about "Low Voltage ONLY" I have a 4 floor building where the owner wants the Security System on REVIT. (CCTV, Voice and DATA, CATV, Card Reader for Doors... and so on)...

I have the book "Mastering Revit MEP" but it has not much info about it...

Please help me!!!!

Thank you so much for your help...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jdiaz

I haven't really delved into this matter deeply, but Revit really doesn't have such Systems. I believe that you would be able to create Panels and Circuits for these Systems, but I don't think there would be a significant amount of intelligence behind it. The majority of you data would stem from Shared or Project Parameters and manual input.

The deepest I've gone into this is a task I had to total the number of data and fire alarm wires running through a Cable Tray System. Unfortunately, since Conduit and Cable Trays do not contain any actual electrical data, I had to improvise. My method is a little complicated so I won't explain it now.

A lot depends on exactly how detailed you need to be with this. If you're just creating circuits, that's pretty easy. But if you need to track wire quantities and other things like fill capacity, that's another story.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report