Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP file too large...

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
revitworkbench
472 Views, 1 Reply

Revit MEP file too large...

Hi all, I am working with a large Revit file 238MB and it is painfully slow. for example if I just want to delete a duct fitting, I have to wait like 30 sec or more. I have multiple linked files already, with none set as attachments. I have a fast computer (24GB), but I can not figure out how to make it work faster.  Please feel free to give me any and all things I can do to speed it up. Thanks,

-Mike

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

There are a lot of factors to the speed of a Revit Model, such as number of active users and worksharing. If you perform a search in this forum with the keywords "Slow Model", you'll see a bunch of similar posts. Take a peek at some of these and I'm sure you'll find something useful in there....

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report