Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP and Architectural Plumbing Coordination

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
joel.banks
1902 Views, 5 Replies

Revit MEP and Architectural Plumbing Coordination

Hello

Im working with Revit MEP and the problem that I'm coming up against is trying to figure out the best way to coordinate with the architect  when it comes to the plumbing fixtures that are used in the model. The architectural firm that we are working with is using the generic out of the box fixture families which don't have MEP connections, and when I Copy Monitor them into my model I can't connect my piping to them. Now I guess that the best way to get around this is to maybe send the architect all the generic families that are in the MEP program and ask them to use those.

But my question is has anyone had experience with this coordination issue and if so what are some of the better practices to use in this situation? 

-Joel

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: joel.banks

We, in this office, have not actually used it yet, but you can use Copy/Monitor and specify Type Mapping. See WikiHelp for more info, and don't hesitate to ask if you need more info.

Coordination tab » Copy/Monitor ▼ Select Link » Coordination Settings

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, joel.banks!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
abulla
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Type mapping is a good way to go. We've also created a family of just a few extrusions with hot and cold water pipe connectors, and a sweep to serve as a P trap with sanitary and vent pipe connectors.That way the architect can just use whatever plumbing family they want and we just place ours on top.

With this method, you won't have the copy/monitor functionality. The downside is that you'll have to manually move the fixtures, but the plus side is that if the architect decides to do something silly like flip a restroom (which never happens Smiley Happy), Revit won't freak out and break all your plumbing connections, you can just group and mirror your fixtures.

plumbing connectors.gif

Message 4 of 6
RKLindner
in reply to: abulla

I agree with leaving the arch toilets alone and not copy monitoring them.  Instead, creating my own families with just the connectors allows me to decide when to move the item.  It's not that hard to see when the architect moved a toilet.  Besides, they always notify us when they make those types of changes.. (sarcastically said..)

Message 5 of 6

Type mapping of the Architect's sanitary fittings using your own simple sanitary fitting family (basically an end cap converted to a sanitary fitting and connector adjusted to suit) would do it.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
joel.banks
in reply to: joel.banks

Thanks all your suggestions helped! If only I could get the architect to stop making changes I'd be golden!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report