Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP Pipe Sizes - How to change to less than 1"D sizes?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
PMA3333
7294 Views, 11 Replies

Revit MEP Pipe Sizes - How to change to less than 1"D sizes?

I need to change pipe sizes to 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" or 7/8" diameter, but the program is not allowing it. 1" diameter is the smallest pipe you can change to in Properties. Does anyone know a way to do this?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: PMA3333

1/2" and 3/4" sizes should be included by default, at least with RMEP 2012. Verify under Manage Tab » Mechanical Settings » Pipe Settings » Sizes. Ensure that the "Used in Size Lists" box is checked.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 12
PMA3333
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the Reply. I did what you suggested but the problem persists. When I draw my Copper Pipes the results are the same. The pipes sizes start at 1" and will not allow me to select or enter a size lower than that. It also will not allow me to enter a fraction even when accompanied by a whole number. Is there another setting that I am missing?

Message 4 of 12
TonyVav

Check "project units" Manage>Project Units.Common>Length>Rounding>Pick a Nearest fraction of your choice. OK out of that and check if you have fraction pipe sizes.

Message 5 of 12
Jrobker

@Anonymous wrote:

1/2" and 3/4" sizes should be included by default, at least with RMEP 2012. Verify under Manage Tab » Mechanical Settings » Pipe Settings » Sizes. Ensure that the "Used in Size Lists" box is checked.

In addition to this, there are a few other things to remember.

You notice the pipe has some parameters under Mechanical called Material, connection type and class.

MAKE SURE the new size you are adding to copper matches the same connection type and class.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 6 of 12
PMA3333
in reply to: TonyVav

THANKS!!! That solved the problem.

Message 7 of 12
PMA3333

Thanks! For your imput. The information you provided will help in my setup & template.

Message 8 of 12
PMA3333
in reply to: Jrobker

Thanks for your input.

Message 9 of 12
Jrobker

Your welcome

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 10 of 12
joansenent

Thanks for your reply.

How do I check that "the new size you are adding to copper matches the same connection type and class."

Thanks in advance.

Message 11 of 12
PMA3333

Changing the size of a pipe should not affect its classification. But if you are not sure, select the pipe in question and look in Property's for anything different in its classification. Thank You Peter M. Alexander, III Senior Drafter [Description: Description: IR_Strat-Hman_RGB(blu)] Hussmann - Chino 13770 Ramona Av Chino, CA 91710 (909) 548-2575 Direct Line (909) 590-4910 Ext. 2575 (909) 590-5113 Fax Pete.Alexander@hussmann.com Safety first and always - "Let's be careful out there!"
Message 12 of 12
brian42x19

I found this thread because I was having a similar problem - I could only see whole number diameters- in my Project Units/Discipline/Common, the length had a fraction. So I then changed the Discipline to Piping and saw that pipe size rounding was set to 1". After I changed that to a fraction, I was then able to see all the pipe sizes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report