Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP Network

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JeanneL
182 Views, 3 Replies

Revit MEP Network

Our firm is in the process of completing our first Revit MEP project. We have run into many difficults and was hoping for your help in any way. We have 1 MEP model for all trades which is linking 2 architectural model. The central MEP model is located on the network and all local files on local computers. Each local is HP 4600, 64-bit system with 8GB of Ram. Each users is on a separate V-Lan network, but the central file is on the same server as all the company project. Each local file is taken over 20-30 minutes to load and additional 20-30 mintues to save to central (only 1 can save to central at a time). I know you will need more information but where do we start to fix this time issue. Any help will be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jrobker
in reply to: JeanneL

This is a serious issue.
Anyone.....
Please entertain us.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 4
dennis

The best improvement to performance that I have seen is to go from a 32-bit to the 64-bit. The main gotcha is to confirm whether or not your hardware is suitable to run 64-bit. The difference in performance for my laptop was tremendous.
Message 4 of 4
JeanneL

some additional information: our network has mutiple VLANs and the workstation and servers are connected via 1Gbps. the workstation and server are both in different VLan. Below are the 3 types of local computers we are using for this project:

PC TYPE RAM VIDEO CARD CPU SPEED NIC SPEED OS
HP DC5800 Dual Core 8GB PCI Express GEForce 9500GT 512MB 2.20GHZ Automatic (1.0Gbps) WinXP 64BIt, SP2
HP XW4600 Core 2 Duo 8GB NVIDIA QUADRO FX 1700 3.0GHZ Automatic (1.0Gbps) WinXP 64BIt, SP2
HP XW6600T Xeon 8GB NVIDIA QUADRO FX 4600 2.83GHZ Automatic (1.0Gbps) WinXP 64BIt, SP2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report