Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP - Load information not displaying correctly in panelboard schedules

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
uabeng
1155 Views, 8 Replies

Revit MEP - Load information not displaying correctly in panelboard schedules

First of all, my receptacle and lighting loads are displaying correctly in the panelboard schedules.  I have connected load phases a,b,c and then total load to tally up.  However, the loads are being displayed in total load in phase a,b,c but the mechanical load is not being calculated for some reason.  Here is a picture for reference:

No load.PNG

At first i thought it was the panelboard schedule and the panel, but i connected the load to another panelboard and the problem followed.   

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
uabeng
in reply to: uabeng

BTW, I'm using Revit 2014.

Message 3 of 9
CoreyDaun

I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you try to recreate this as a small sample in a new Project and post it here?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 9
uabeng
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hmm I have a sample project made just now, and I recreated it on my end but its saying the file is too large. 

Message 5 of 9
CoreyDaun

Try using the Purge Unused command and then manually remove the unused Pipe and Duct Fitting from the Project via the Project Browser. If the file is still not small enough, I'll send you a Private Message with my email address.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 9
CoreyDaun

I've received your file via email. So you've got a disconnect switch family acting as the load in lieu of the actual Mechanical Equipment. This is fine and all, I was just spelling out the scenario for anyone else who winds up here.

The issue here is that your disconnect switch family is set to "Switchboard" Part Type. This error will, in fact, occur if you have the Part Type set to anything except Equipment Switch, in which case it will work as intended.

You can change the Family's Part Type by opening the Family and going to Family Category and Parameters (on the Create or Modify tabs on the Ribbon) which is the icon with the tiny manila folder. At the bottom of the following dialog, you'll find a pull-down to define the Part Type. Upon loading it back into the Project and opting to overwrite, you'll see a warning message about load that are not displayed in the panel schedule.

Message 7 of 9
uabeng

Oh man do I feel dumb... Thanks Corey... I've been beating myself up over this for about an hour.  I was thinking the whole time it was in the PB schedules and connector element...

Message 8 of 9
CoreyDaun

There's a quote I've seen around here before, "Sometimes, the answer is so clear that you see right through it."

...And welcome to the Discussion Groups, by the way.

Message 9 of 9
uabeng

Thanks, I've been lurking for a while but never really needed to post. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report