Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2013 "not responding" when I click Open

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
554 Views, 4 Replies

Revit MEP 2013 "not responding" when I click Open

I have a stand-alone Revit MEP 2013 license on my laptop that used to work just fine. Opened it the other day and tried to open a file, and all I got was the circle spinning and the "not repsonding" message. So I downloaded and successfully installed service pack 3 for my 64-bit system, restarted the computer, and still have the same problem. However, if I double click on a file, it opens just fine. What could be the problem, and how do I fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
neri69
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem that i found is in the history path that is memorized since the last open....

If you have opened a file that was in a server path no more accessible revit take time to understand the path is not accessible or present.

I saw some suggestions to resolve these let me know if you didn't find.

www.2dto6d.com
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: neri69

Yep.  A good start is to turn off digital signature icons by right-clicking your Revit icon.  There are also tons of good registry fixes that will help your computer ignore broken links.  I have posted several on the forums.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: neri69

Sorry, your answer didn't make much sense to me. The problem was that I
could NOT open a file. When I click Open, I get Not Responding at the top
of the Revit window. The server path hasn't changed- the files are all on
my laptop. You said you found some suggestions to resolve this issue but
you didn't tell me what they were or where to find them, so I'm afraid this
didn't help me much. Thanks for your time.

--
Judy Staicer
781-267-3780
www.judystaicerdesign.com
Message 5 of 5
neri69
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry maybe i misunderstanding your question, i was thinking that you had lagging when going to open a file when you point on file->open menu.

Normally the problem is when you try to open a location that is not local (but you already answered to me that you are opening local files).

Another thing to check is "places" that are on your left of the "open" dialog box. If you drag and drop or add a places that are not local and in a network resources no more accessible revit take some times to understand that the path is offline.

Hope this helps....

www.2dto6d.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report