Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2011 - Space Tags

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
agobel
2479 Views, 3 Replies

Revit MEP 2011 - Space Tags

I have linked in a architectural model, created views and placed spaces in the model with space tags.  When I go to another view I can't figure out how to tun on these space tags.  The Visibility Graphics says that they are on, but no go.  Do I have to place these tags in each view to get them to show up on all the different sheets.  If so we will be spending a boat load of time chasing down room changes from the architect.  There must be a solution that I am not seeing.  Anyone have some advice.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
abulla
in reply to: agobel

Yes, Space Tags are view specific. Tag All makes it a bit easier, and the Space Naming Utility available from the Subscription site makes coordinating room name changes less painful.

Message 3 of 4
agobel
in reply to: abulla

Would you happen to know of a way to copy views from an architectural model so that they can be shown the same on the MEP sheets?

Message 4 of 4
CrazedEngineer
in reply to: agobel

You could use the "LInked Views" option.

Create A new View with the approximate area you want to see.

Under VG, goto the Revit LInks tab, Where is says Display Settings, Click where it says "By Host View" for the Revit LInk you want to see, Under the Basics tab, check the button "By Linked View",  you should now see the "Linked view:" drop down should become active.  Now you can selct any view in the Architectural Model that is of the same type. ie ceiling, floor, etc.

Let me know if you need more help, and I will shoot you some screen clips.  Carefull on what you set up for linked views.  Because when you set by linked view it shows everything from that view, Text, Keynotes, etc.   I tend to use them as coordination views so the architects don't have to figure out what line types or categories my equipment is for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report