Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2011 Keynotes

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Richie535
1929 Views, 9 Replies

Revit MEP 2011 Keynotes

When I tag more than one element in a view, my keynote values disappear on my sheet where the keynote legend is placed.  Where as the keynote value shows up if I only have one element tagged.  Any thoughts?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jrobker
in reply to: Richie535

Well.

You should be filtering by sheet and your numbering method should be by sheet.

Are you using any other filtering or sorting?

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 10
Bebop

I am having the same issue. I am filtering the keynotes by sheet. This happens whenever their are two views that overlap in dependent views. I will populate the first 1-3 numbers but after that they are blank. If the view box is moved so there is only one view controlling that keynote then the number comes in.

Anyone run into this or have thought about how to fix it?

Message 4 of 10
Jrobker
in reply to: Bebop

I have seen this before on 2 different projects.

Did you upgrade the project from a previous version?

When this happened to me there was nothing I could do. I had to place "dummy text" (not to be confused with dummy Revit) in the keyed note bubble.

I couldn't get it to work for the life of me.

Both projects this happened on, were upgraded from a previous version and they were on dependent views.

If you figure it out, please post the solution.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 5 of 10
Bebop

I first noticed it on a project we upgraded from 2010. I have since goofed around with a project that was created in 2011 and the same thing happens to that one as well. So it does not appear to be a problem with the upgrade process but the software for 2011 itself. The problem has been reported to Autodesk but at the rate the sometimes solve problems it could be a service pack before this is fixed so I wouldn't hold my breath. I will keep you updated though.

Message 6 of 10
Richie535

Try this under the Appearance tab, make sure  you have headers unchecked.

Message 7 of 10
Bebop

My keynotes have that box unchecked. Thanks but not the fix that will work for me.

Message 8 of 10
Richie535

Have you tried creating a new view and placing the reference notes on it?  I have had issues with 2010 before.

Message 9 of 10
Bebop

I did try one project that was started in 2011 and the key notes where working fine. I split the view into multiple dependent views and the keynotes started having the problem.

Message 10 of 10
Jrobker
in reply to: Bebop

UPDATE ON THE KEYED NOTES NOT SHOWING ON DEPENDENT VIEWS:
The Parent View had 2 dependents.
Each dependent is on its own sheet, A and B (keyed notes didn't work on sheet B)
The problem was the Parent View was also on it's own sheet.
I don't see why this would make any difference since the keyed notes are filtering by sheet, but it doesn't work.
We started the project with 1/8" drawings, than moved to 1/4" drawings and the 1/8" plans were never removed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report