Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2011 - Changing Pipe 'type' after elements are drawn

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dtiemeyer
1976 Views, 6 Replies

Revit MEP 2011 - Changing Pipe 'type' after elements are drawn

If I have draw an entire layout of piping and connected to fixtures, but accidentally drawn with the wrong style pipe (for example copper for the Sanitary system), is there a way to change the entire layout of piping?  

With very simple pipe runs the 'Routing Solutions' button becomes available which can change the pipe type, but this does not work for any real layouts. Does anybody know the criteria of when the 'Routing Solutions' becomes available?

Thanks,

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
abulla
in reply to: dtiemeyer

When you select the pipe run, there should be a "Change Type" button in your ribbon menu.

Message 3 of 7
dtiemeyer
in reply to: abulla

When I select the entire layout I do not see a button like that. Here is what I see.

Message 4 of 7
abulla

Ah. Filter out your plumbing fixtures, that should work.

Message 5 of 7
dtiemeyer
in reply to: abulla

Unfortunately they are not selected (red is the selection color), this is what I get when just pipes and fittings are selected.

Message 6 of 7
abulla

I should have looked at the screenshot closer, looks like you're on Revit MEP 2011. Bad news... that feature was added in 2012.

Message 7 of 7

One word - Schedules.

If you make your systems properly then you can find out which pipes types need changing. However, this method is not without flaws - like everything in Revit. Most of the time it will be okay but not always. Also you need to do the fittings.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report