Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Link Issue

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
bvm76
441 Views, 8 Replies

Revit Link Issue

I've been linking a drawing from the architect for so many times now without any issue. This time, I linked their new background and found all the ceiling tile offset by 15mm (using origin-origin of course). I am not expecting this to happen so I verify this by opening the new drawing and linked the old drawing (found no diffrence on ceiling tile).

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bvm76

Have the Levels been adjusted by the Architect? If you have properly Copy/Monitored the Architect's Levels, then using the Coordination Review tool should help. Otherwise, what differences do you see between your model and the linked model in an elevation View?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
bvm76
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Apologies my post is a bit unclear. The difference is when looking in plan view which is 15mm. All gridlines are "copy/monitor" and its all in-line (gridlines are used by the architect as a link rather than part of the model) which they send separately with the model.

Sent from my iPhone
Thank You.
Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun

So, the ceiling grid patterns are off by 15mm, but everything else from that link is correctly aligned?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
bvm76

this is my initial thought but when i investigate further, i found out that including the walls are off by 15mm.

i tried to rename the original drawing and link into my drawing just to check if i accidentally moved the revit link but made no difference.

in your opinion, is it a good practice to have the gridlines separate from the model?

Thank You.
Message 6 of 9
CoreyDaun

bvm76 wrote:

"...

in your opinion, is it a good practice to have the gridlines separate from the model?"

Do you mean having the Grids Copy/Monitored so they exist in your Model? If so, I would say only do that if needed; Grids that reside in the Model cannot be adjusted to suit the View, so the may extend well beyond the Crop Region. In this case, Copy/Monitoring creates a copy of them that you can manipulate, but now you have the extra coordination work of making sure they always match. Using "Coordination Review" should help immensely.

*Just to be abundantly clear, I am interpreting "gridlines" as Column Grids, not Ceiling Grids.

Message 7 of 9
bvm76
in reply to: CoreyDaun

No i mean the column grids being link into the architectural model rather than part of the model.

With this arrangement, its very hard to monitor if the building moves because the gridlines (which i copy/monitor) is not part of it.

Sent from my iPhone
Thank You.
Message 8 of 9
abulla

To clarify, does the architect have a separate Revit model consisting of only grid lines that they are then linking into their architectural model? If so, that is quite odd. Have they given you a reason they're working that way?
Message 9 of 9
bvm76
in reply to: abulla

That's exactly how they did. They have a separate drawing that contains only gridlines no more no less.

I don't know exactly the reason why they did this as i only inherited this project.

Sent from my iPhone
Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report