Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Crashing when opening file

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rbm8308
5057 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Crashing when opening file

Does anyone know how to recover a file that popes up the message attached or know what has happend or how I can open the file.  I know its asy unrecoverable but is there any other way maybe to open it?   Any Ideas on what I can do?  I have already try restoring backup and auditing the file and the same messsage appears and I have also tried later versions of Revit, this file is a 2013 version.   Have a project due close of business today if I can get a idea that would be great.  Thanks all!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rbm8308

I know it's late, but I think the best course or action here would be to open a Support Case, which can be done from the Subscription Center on Autodesk.com.

CreateSupportCase.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
scott.a.green

Do to the nature of that error, the file may be corrupted and in need of repair. You should recover by either taking a working local file and creating a new central out of it, or recovering directly from a backup folder. 

Recovering non-workshared:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2014/ENU/?caas=caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Recovering-non-works...

If either creating a new central form local or recovering from backups are not possible please let me know. I may need to contact you directly to attempt a repair of the file. 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 4 of 5
rbm8308

Thanks for all your input.  Ended up finding out that my windows profile was corrupt and was causing the issue.

Message 5 of 5
jbcma27
in reply to: scott.a.green

I have the same problem and have seen this error message multiple times, with multiple files and projects.  It tends to happen either first thing in the morning when I open the first file for the day, or after I have re-opened Revit at some point after closing.  Other than when I have started a fresh Revit session, I rarely if ever see it, and it doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be quite annoying.  I think it may have something to do with my graphics card, because I am the only one in the office that has it happen, and I think my graphics card is unique here. Our IT people were not able to figure out what was causing this.  Can you help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report