Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 - Breaking the Filter Rules

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
apaupert
1418 Views, 9 Replies

Revit 2014 - Breaking the Filter Rules

Smiley Sad

I wanted to make a filter using all the Pipe Categories and filter by System Type to use [Begins with] BUT all I can do is [Equals] or [Does Not Equals].

Has anyone found a way to trick this?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
danielkazado
in reply to: apaupert

I think the fastest way to go around this may be to use System Name as the Filter by. You have the filter options as contains or begins with there.

Regards

Daniel Kazado

Daniel Kazado

Please use Accept as Solution if your question is answered.
You may Give Kudos if the answer is helpful.
Message 3 of 10
tjbeecher

The way I do it is to filter by system abbreviation equals.  I have cases where the system name will put a number after the name.  System abbreviation is assigned when you create the system.

Message 4 of 10
apaupert
in reply to: tjbeecher

Thanks for passing along the alternative methods to filter pipes and ducts. I have always used filtering methods with System Abbr. and that required a filter for each pipe system (which lets me pick and choose what is on/off in a view) but what I was hoping to achieve is to Filter by Pipe System Type as I have put a prefix to hopefully drive what pipe systems belong together. That is why "begins with" would have been great and I could group system with ease.

Using System Classifications is limiting and does not provide enough user control per view in my opinion.

I should have posted this in the wish list area... but I was hoping there might be a backdoor trick. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 10
BCERBimMan

Bringing back an old topic. I am trying to figure this out as well. I was hoping to filter off a whole group of pipe systems using a shared parameter or just a system parameter within Piping Systems. If I have to use abbreviation, than I will have 60 something filters for each piping system. Why is "Piping Systems" included in the filter list if it really doesn't do much for us?

Jason Peckovitch
BIM Manager | Mechanical CAD Design | Father | Car/Tech Guy
BCER Engineering Inc - Denver, CO
Message 6 of 10
apaupert
in reply to: BCERBimMan

Hi Jason,

If you use System Classification as a filter it groups the systems together that have common connector system classifications. I ended up just biting the bullet and making filters for each system using abbreviation. It was work to put them all together but in the long run... having individual system control is the way to go. Now if Autodesk could just add a few treats like "SELECT ALL or SELECT NONE on the filters area of VG we are in business Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
BCERBimMan

Yeah I currently have some filters setup for System Classification but that can only go so far. We have classifications that cross disciplines like some of our "Other", "Sanitary" and "Vent". I was hoping to filter a group of pipe off say if I put MECHANICAL in the description but it doesnt work.

Jason Peckovitch
Message 8 of 10
jkarben
in reply to: BCERBimMan

System abbreviation and 76 filters FTW.

Message 9 of 10
abulla
in reply to: jkarben

System type equals and 94 filters here!
Message 10 of 10
BCERBimMan
in reply to: abulla

abulla wins with 94 filters and he is an expert elite!

Jason Peckovitch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report