Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2013/2014 export to NWC error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
623 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2013/2014 export to NWC error

Please Help!

This issue is as this: the 3D view export runs fine until it wants to write the file. When it attempts to write the file, a pop up states that the view needs to change to hidden line mode (which the view is already in). We click “close” and then a few moments later the same pop-up occurs until we decide the terminate the Revit program using the Windows Task Manager. We have also seen that the export wants to regenerate numerous floor views when exporting a single 3D view. We have audited and purged the file. 

This is happening to all users and it is only occuring in a single project. I have also upgraded the project to 2014 and it is still making the same error. We have discovered that if we discard all the worksets, we can export as usual but the worksets are critical to our project. 

I apologize but I cannot upload the file since it is over 300 MB. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
VWD-MLM
in reply to: Anonymous

kp, a couple of things come to mind.....

1st.  Since you spoke of worksets, you're obviously using A "local" and "Central" file setup.......Area you trying to export from the "Local" or Centra" file?

2nd.  Under the Navisworks settings in the Export dialogue box, do you have "Convert Linked Files" checked or unchecked? 

3rd.  Under the NW settings again, under 'Export" are you exporting "Current", "Entrire Project", or "Selection"/

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 5
VWD-MLM

Also....what is your "Default" printer?
Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: VWD-MLM

Mike,

I typically export from a local copy. Since I have been having this issue, I have tried exporting from a local and a central. I have also created a detached copy of the project and tried exporting from that. I have unchecked the convert linked files in the export dialogue box and this does not work. I typically make sure that box is unchecked. I am exporting only the current view in the Navisworks settings.

I am able to export from a backup copy from 2 weeks ago as expected but would rather not lose two weeks of work. If I must lose work, I need to know what error could have caused this so I do not repeat it. I am able to export the current project if I create a detached copy and do not preserve the worksets. But the worksets are necessary since I collaborate with project managers and other trades.

Thank you for any assistance you can give.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Autodesk repaired my file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report