Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Cloud Style

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
ToddKubicek
24051 Views, 12 Replies

Revision Cloud Style

Is there a way to change revision cloud thickness and color? I understand how to change this on simple lines but for some reason I can not make changes to the clouds.

Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
scritz
in reply to: ToddKubicek

Yes, go to Visibility Graphics "VV" or "VG". Click the Object Styles button near the bottom. Click the Annotation Tab at the top. Scroll down to Revision Clouds and there you can change the lineweight from 1 to whatever to get your thickness, you can also change the color there too.
Message 3 of 13
scritz

Yes, go to Visibility Graphics "VV" or "VG". Click the Object Styles button near the bottom. Click the Annotation Tab at the top. Scroll down to Revision Clouds and there you can change the lineweight from 1 to whatever to get your thickness, you can also change the color there too.
Message 4 of 13
ToddKubicek

Seems to easy but worked great! Thanks!
Message 5 of 13
dedward6

The previously mentioned solution is a quick fix and will get the job done but... If you change it in the object styles tool in the manage tab then this will apply to the whole project as opposed to the individual vew/sheet visibility graphic overrides. I find this to be much more usefull as I imagine you dont want to have to change this each time you place a cloud. ope that helps.

Message 6 of 13
smbrennan
in reply to: dedward6

@dedward6 wrote:

The previously mentioned solution is a quick fix and will get the job done but... If you change it in the object styles tool in the manage tab then this will apply to the whole project as opposed to the individual vew/sheet visibility graphic overrides. I find this to be much more usefull as I imagine you dont want to have to change this each time you place a cloud. ope that helps.

If you read the previous comment all of the way through, the user specified to use the shortcut link WITHIN Visibility Graphics to take them to Object Styles. But you are correct, it's always preferred to change lineweights and styles within the Object Styles menu (and not the Visibility Graphics Override Menu).

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 7 of 13
Ecosse

what do you do if you want revision clouds of different colours. i.e. a cloud for clash notes and a cloud for revisions and don't want to have to do one of them every time you do a cloud? We can make different text types, why not revision clouds?
Message 8 of 13
RobDraw
in reply to: Ecosse

@Ecosse wrote:
what do you do if you want revision clouds of different colours. i.e. a cloud for clash notes and a cloud for revisions and don't want to have to do one of them every time you do a cloud? We can make different text types, why not revision clouds?

Then they wouldn't be revision clouds, they would be annotation clouds. Maybe you should suggest that over in the ideas forum.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 9 of 13
dineshram384

Hi..Is there is any way to change Revision Cloud type,,i.e, I don't want that default arc type ,i want to create a new one.Is it possible...?And, I'm not asking to change Arc Length..I want new arc type in rev. cloud..
Message 10 of 13
RobDraw
in reply to: dineshram384

No, you can't change the style.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 11 of 13
dineshram384

Ok,thanks..
Message 12 of 13
308LLC
in reply to: scritz

The Object Styles was very helpful, but is there any way to make the clouds transparent other than VG settings?  I really like a thick line that's about 50% transparent so they're easy to find, but you can still see what's going on behind them.  Anyone have any luck with this?

Message 13 of 13
s.borello

Manage_Object Styles will let you change it globally for all views... VG will let you change it for that view only. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report