Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflected Ceiling Plan VS Floor Plan

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
asommer
7018 Views, 16 Replies

Reflected Ceiling Plan VS Floor Plan

I created a duct plan as a Reflected Ceiling Plan showing the ceiling grid, but I need all the items to show in "Plan" orientation (looking down, not up). The diffusers show on top and such... Has anyone found a fix to this, or do I have to create a 2D CAD drawing of the ceiling and insert as a background?
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: asommer

You can overlay a view that contains just the ceiling on a sheet to achieve the effect, avoiding the need to import a .dwg file.

http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/RMEContent/CeilingsInPlan.wmv

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 17
asommer

Thanks. It's a bit of a workaround, but I think It will do. I guess you would place diffusers and other ceiling Items on another plan, then...

I'll give it a try!
Message 4 of 17
channond

Does Autodesk plan on adding a feature to address this in the next release? It is all well and good to have a workaround to make these things work for printing purposes, but we need this as a standard feature within the view itself, not just when we place the view on the sheet. We need to see the ceiling in the plan view so we can place our diffusers (air terminals) etc. We would also use the same view type for lighting so we could show the furniture below.
Message 5 of 17
awinterrowd

I maybe wrong, but does not the mech plan adress that? In the mech plan you can see the ducts and the look if rom up to down. At least in REVIT MEP does. Now, I am talking about the MECH plan, not the mech ceiling plan. Are you working with REVIT MEP?
Message 6 of 17
aseidel
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

This method works great. Thanks for the info. There is one thing to be careful about. What I find is that the overlayed ceiling view may mask out the elements above it when its Visual Style is not Wireframe. So make sure the ceiling view is Wireframe. Even though the sheet might look correct on screen it will plot with the elements above the ceiling masked out. (Revit 2011)

Message 7 of 17
norcaljess

I can't get this link to work.  And I'm very interested in it! 

Message 8 of 17
Frank_213
in reply to: aseidel

Thanks aseidel, you solved my problem!

François Breton, tech.
Électricité du bâtiment
BPR
Message 9 of 17
Frank_213

I have set the Visual Style of the ceiling views to Wireframe. However, the ceiling grid lines are printing over the lighting fixtures (see attached pdf). Does anyone know how to fix this ?

François Breton, tech.
Électricité du bâtiment
BPR
Message 10 of 17
lsop1409

Does this mean i need to create a number of seperate 'ceiling' views to place onto each of my individual sheets, as Revit will only allow me to place 1 view per sheet, not allowing me to use the same ceiling grid multiple times.

Message 11 of 17
CoreyDaun
in reply to: lsop1409

Yes - you would need a Reflected Ceiling Plan dedicated for each Floor Plan.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 12 of 17
adam.jw
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Why didn't I think of this simple trick....

in reply to: adam.jw

You're good, but you can't think of 'em all! Smiley Wink

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 14 of 17
asommer
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I still don't like this, My diffs and lights get broken up by the grid lines over my plan.  Since there is no "Draw order" for views, I have to remove the plan from the sheet and re-place it so the plan shows on top of the ceiling view.  ugh.

Anyone find a better solution?

Message 15 of 17
abulla

Unfortunately this is still the way we do reflected ceiling plans. Try setting your ceiling plan view to wireframe.
Message 16 of 17
aseidel
in reply to: abulla

That is what I do. The view used to show the ceiling elements shows only the architectural elements. In other words no air devices, lighting, or any other elements. That view is kept at wire frame.
[{--Wm. Tao & Associates, Inc.--}] This message and content is privileged, intended only for recipients named and/or addressed. If the receiver/reader is not a representative of the intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination or copying of this message or its content, in part or in whole, is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by Reply email, and Delete the original message and attachments.
Message 17 of 17
zachrohlfs

This method appears very hacky.  Why does Revit care so little about the MEP guys...

So annoying that we still have no good way of showing this and it has only taken them forever to get piping and systems to a reasonable point, they are still less than.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report