Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receptacle connection problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
m9905101
529 Views, 2 Replies

Receptacle connection problem

hello,

I have some problem about the junction box connection. The 2D drawing is below

jouction box.jpg

the junction bos have to connect 4 receptacle, but when I connected 2nd receptacle, I always got a message "You have selected elements that are already part of other Circuits. They will be removed from the original Circuits and added to this one."

Does anyone know how to make junction box to be a mutiple function fixture? I mean it can be allowed to connect several receptracles. Thanks for replying!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: m9905101

The family will need to have four electrical Connectors. Then when selected to add to a circuit, you will be prompted to choose one of the Connectors from a list.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

A standard Junction box can connect multiple connectors together if the are on the same circuit. If you are connecting receptacles together from different circuits then you experience the problem you highlighted. If you need to use a junction box that allows different circuits onto the object then you would need to have more than one electrical connector in the junction box family.

A question that comes to mind as you mentioned 2D - are you using a junction box as an electrical cable junction box where you have one cable in that then distribute to your receptacles or are you using it to replicate 2D drawings and cable runs in which case just use geomtetry and do not include it in circuits.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report